Nancy Day of Dallas, Texas, never suspected meningococcal disease, a rare, yet potentially deadly bacterial infection, could strike her 16-year-old son Kyle. One Sunday morning, Kyle woke up complaining of a headache and nausea. Thinking he was coming down with the flu, Nancy suggested he take a nap. When Nancy checked on Kyle later that day, she noticed that he was in a semi-conscious state and had developed a rash all over his body. After being rushed to the hospital, doctors performed a spinal tap and confirmed Kyle had meningococcal disease. As a result of the disease, Kyle lost his thumb and two fingers. While Nancy had heard of meningococcal disease, she was unaware there was a vaccine available that could have helped protect her son.
- Shaquille Hodge, Danielle Hodge and Maritza GonzalesOne morning in 2018 during a family vacation, Shaquille’s wife Percilla, mother of three young children, including a newborn, awoke...Read More